In January 2016, AIA crew travelled to Togo and Burkina Faso in Africa.
- Four Community centres have been built
- One big school built – accommodates 400 students with four teachers in place.
- 20 water wells built with thousands of people benefitting from them.
- Cost of project: $130,000.
The AIA Volunteers travelled to Burma in December 2013:
- Activities carried out were providing basic needs & facilities, hiring three builders to build basic shelter, providing all materials, needed to carry out building.
- Built school for the kids along with educational books, stationary and school needs.
- We also provide an ongoing support ($60) to the families.
- 25000 kg of rice distributed.
- Toilets and showers built.
- School built/extended.
- New roof built for an orphanage.
- Power connection to provide electricity for orphanage and medical support.
In June 2016, AIA Crew attended areas of conflict and restricted areas in Myanmar.
- $180,000 worth of aid was distributed in Arkan state targeted camps and isolated villages.
- 2700 families received immediate benefits including food packs, cash handouts, rebuilding of houses and other medical assistance to people with disabilities.
The AIA Volunteers travelled to Palestine in May 2015:
- Family food relief boxes bought and distributed at a cost of $50,250.
- Reached out to 4,300 individuals. Covered most need areas where people were living in schools, tents, and villages.
- Sponsored eight orphans for a full year. Cost $6,000.
- Sponsored a school for all books required for the year. Cost $5,000.
- 30 x 5000 Litres Steel water tanks on major roads. Cost $40,000.
- Sponsored 50 young newly married couples. Cost $6,000.
AIA is committed to sending $2,000 per week to Syria to help alleviate hunger, poverty and dire needs.
A crew of three AIA volunteers travelled to Syria in April 2014:
- 3250 family food relief boxes bought and distributed in Aleppo, Idleb and Damascus at a cost of $120,000. Reached out to 15,000 individuals.
- Covered most needed areas such as people living in schools, tents and villages.
- Special project for orphans and widows.
- 700kg of meat distributed to orphans and widows (10 large lambs purchased for $3,300 and slaughtered).
- $2,000 cash handled out to families with special circumstances.
- A factory leased for a year to commence studies in Reyhanli at a cost of $3,000.
- Committed and working on expanding a school on the border of Turkey and Syria.
In February 2015, AIA organised “Syria Winter Appeal”:
- Distribution took place in Idleb, Aleppo and Damascus.
- Distributed 230 good quality blankets, 120 mattresses, 65 heaters including gas bottles, 500 litres of diesel fuel for heaters, 170 kids’ winter clothes.
- A total of 40,000 was donated for the Winter Appeal.
AIA Volunteers responded to the tragic accident in Malta in October 2013 after a boat carrying over 600 Syrian refugees drowned in the sea after their boat capsized. With over 450 lives lost, AIA crew were on ground providing assistance to survivors, identifying & linking families as well as distributing blankets at the camps in Malta.
Since October 2014, Qurban donations (over $30,000) have been distributed to the needy people in Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Somalia and Albania. Some of the poverty pockets of these countries only get to eat meat once a year and that is due to your kind Qurban donation. Please view our Gallery to see the impact of your donation on the lives of thousands others.